Nill'ys billboard

Saturday, July 22, 2006

First steps....




Hi! I'm Nilly.
My primary occupation in life is being a mother. I have two children aged 7 and 9. My chief interest is to see how these two kids develop - spiritually, physically and intellectually.

I have a quite a few interests - one of which is getting to know people from different nations. I have also had people from different backgrounds staying in my home as boarders and as visitors. Since I have also been offering board and lodging to international students I have had quite a few staying with me. These students have become part of my extended family. Two of them even met their partners at our home and have now married them. so I also take on the role of matchmaker - accidently! The most momentous of my matchmaking efforts was when a Chinese student who lived with me married one of our friends. My husband gave the bride away and my two kids were the flower girl and page boy!

4 Comments:

At 8:42 pm, Blogger Helen said...

Nilly, no doubt we will get to the destination in our blogging trip.

 
At 3:48 pm, Blogger kylie said...

Hi Nilly,
Did you enjoy the Saturday workshop? I hope that we can learn many useful things.
Kylie

 
At 3:32 pm, Blogger kylie said...

Nilly, I checked out your Website and is is great. Do you mind if I use it with my students?
I like the way that you compare many kinds of foods, and you introduce the more AUstralian ones. This makes it great for all students, especially for those just here on a short study tour.

I tried the Japanese food crossword and it was a challenge but not too hard. Mind you I was naughty and did not read the full text. I liked the colours of the page and the fact that you linked to websites outside in the community, this means that you can increase the confidence of your students and expose them to real language. They then get both the language and the culture of the target language making them skilled international communicators.

I like the topic but then again I am a foodie. The video links are a great idea, they make using computers funny. SOrry I could not look at them because works internet is slow and sometimes backfires with audio and movies.
If you wanted to add a link I think there is an online dictionary at http://dictionary.reference.com/.
It is pretty good as if this dictionary does not know the word it searchs the internet for you and adds the links below its definition.

Great work again. Good luck with the rest of it.

 
At 3:42 pm, Blogger kylie said...

Hi Nilly,
My comments are here about 4 places up from this one, they are only short as most thing were great about you site. I will check again tomorrow to see if you found this. I will also write this note on my blog in case you do not see it. But my comments are there

 

Post a Comment

<< Home