Nill'ys billboard

Thursday, August 10, 2006

WAYS TO GIVE A TEST

I found this poem, written by a Lebanese poet - interesting!

2005 / 06 / 14 - Ways to give a test

My chemistry teacher, who is actually very witty

(He said he's been in Lebanon for three years
But he's taught for five years at the university:
A pleasant sentence that made us laugh to tears,
How could he live abroad and teach here?
I still can't manage to grasb that idea, I fear)
So my wise chemistry teacher gave us an exam
From some forgotten records of year nineteen ninety,
The given questions didn't match the taken program
Something he forgot to check out, oh, calamity!
I wonder how do teachers, like him, put their test
I mean do they find another year's session
And give it as it is, leaving their minds at rest?
Someone's got to take from them a confession!
And who's the bloke who has to suffer and not protest?
That's the student who must answer questions he doesn't know
Just because his teacher lacked time to put a decent test
Since he was watching some stupid television show!

A Poem A Day

From poems.com

1 Comments:

At 3:01 pm, Blogger dlh_downunder said...

Nilly, do you often frequent poem-a-day? Is this a long-abiding passion of yours, or something you happened onto?

-Debra-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home